[SOLVED] startx does not start gnome-classic after upgrade ...

If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices. ... socket) (No such file or directory) [ 4783.310] (II) LoadModule: " ...

[HELP]Installed gnome just now and startx not working, : r/archlinux

I would get this issue when I would try to "sudo startx" --- it shouldn't be run as root. Try installing gdm or lightdm and do the relevant ...

TV Series on DVD

Old Hard to Find TV Series on DVD

[SOLVED] Gnome Won't Start (X does) - LinuxQuestions.org

I've forgotten a lot about Fedora. X starts, and I get the wallpaper. gnome fails. If I run startx as root (with X running) I get up a ...

startx and system-wide default gnome session - Ask Ubuntu

I get into X by startx (not lightdm). How can I define the default gnome session (gnome-classic instead of 2d/3d) system-wide for all users?

GDM(?) broken after upgrade - Unable to login - Manjaro Linux Forum

Running startx from a new VT works just fine with gnome-shell. There are no extensions loaded at all. This isn't really a sustainable way ...

View topic - [solved] gnome 3.8 can't start in any way - Gentoo Forums

Hi, i just followed systemd and gnome 3.8 upgrade guide, but no luck in starting gnome 3.8 desktop. Code: startx /usr/bin/gnome-shell. Gives ...

How to set Gnome Classic as the default for startx from multi-user ...

Hi, I have a system that I use as a NAS running Fedora 23 (just upgraded from 19). It is set to boot to multi-user mode (run-level 3, ...

What steps do I have to take to have start into KDE on boot?

After upgrading to 9.3 I had issues that KDE won't work anymore. I got that solved. But now when Rocky boots I end up with just a blinking ...

View topic - [Solved] GDM Freezes | Can't Start Gnome in Wayland

Hi everyone, I'm facing this weird issue on "GDM freezing" and becoming unresponsive when launched from xdm while booting. Startx works ok, & ...

Gnome 3.6.1 doesn't work with startx anymore, only with gdm

I use archlinux and after a system update this morning (2012-11-1) with pacman -Syu which upgraded my Gnome to 3.6.1 I could not successfully ...

All rights reserved to Forumer.com - Start Your Free Forum 2001 - 2024